[Phpwm] Web 2.0

Elliot Smith elliot at townx.org
Wed Nov 22 19:50:56 GMT 2006

Phil Beynon wrote:
> Looking at the Wikipedia definition of Web 2.0 as a supposed semi de facto
> standard;
> Could it not be said that any dynamic or database driven site is actually
> definable as a Web 2.0 site?
> Or at least can't it be said that its aiming towards that definition,
> regardless of whether its visitor editable or not?
>
> Phil

Phil,

I agree with that sentiment. From one perspective, Web 2.0 is just the
web as it was intended to be, i.e. participative, write-enabled.

I've spent a while thinking about this over the last couple of weeks as
I did a seminar on Web 2.0 this morning for OpenAdvantage; if you're
interested in my thoughts, the presentation is available at:

http://www.openadvantage.org/events/20061122_debunking_web_2point0

I'd be interested on any feedback anyone has.

Elliot