[Phpwm] Web 2.0

Dave Holmes Dave at neteffekt.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 21:59:16 GMT 2006

Hi Elliot,

I don't envy having to cover web 2.0 as a topic, because it can not be
quantified and means different things to different people.

Ask my designer and it is all about font's, colours, logos or as he put it
"Back to child like icons loud colours" hence our new site....
(www.neteffekt.co.uk)
BTW - we know there are compliancy issues even though we have the logo's but
I haven't even had chance to shave for 3 weeks because of all of the code we
are writing....

>From my perspective web 2.0 as a web application developer is great because
I can now start to implement the kind of interactive functionality I used to
build into windows applications which includes AJAX et al.

Ask my dad who is a bonifide silver surfer and he couldn't care less even if
he had heard the term as long as he can find information, book flights,
holidays make purchases etc.

To put it short badging something as web 2.0 is nigh-on impossible because
it is like evolution, last time I checked I was not man v3.0.4, that said it
is a buzz word and from a company owners point of view I will shamelessly
plug it to my clients, even though we have been doing much of it for the
last couple of years.

Dave