[Phpwm] UML Related Question

Dave Holmes Dave at neteffekt.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 18:24:21 BST 2006

I agree with Rob I learned UML, JSP etc etc at UNI

An I have never once used them in practice in over 10 years of software
development in the public and private sector creating commercial and bespoke
applications. In the real world there are timescales, deadlines and costs
which leave little time for ideals.

Whilst I agree they allow you to plan etc however with experience you will
look at a spec or design and visualise what you need  in you head. Another
factor is you will have ideas along the way or thoughts on how to improve
things so why go back to the drawing board.

Did anyone else out the learn formal Z notation, what the hell was that all
about and what use to man or beast was it... Just another load of guff on my
computer science course I suspect.