[Phpwm] installing ZIP functions

Dave Holmes Dave at neteffekt.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 09:59:25 BST 2006

It's not a competition...

Besides which a well coded PHP application should be able to work on any
environment which is why you should check to see if functionality is present
and where possible run long hand. It's alright taking short cuts or
assumptions when you are hosting the site or service.

If you are looking to write a commercial application which can be run cross
platform on clients own infrastructure you need to have a belt and braces
approach, hence the code I posted.

If you read the question Alan was having a problem with compiling anyway so
simply installing libzip will have no effect if the configure fails to
create the make file..

Anyway 10 gold stars well done ;)

  _____