[Phpwm] installing ZIP functions

Greg Jones greg.jones at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 14:20:46 BST 2006

Are the insults and swearing really necessary? Take them off-list if
you think so, because I don't really want to read such things. The
archives of the list are stored and may well be found by prospective
members who could get the wrong impression.

The 'confusion' could well have arisen due to the brevity of your reply:

>"A quick google suggests it's just a case of installing libzip.so"

isn't especially helpful to someone who doesn't really know what
they're doing...
there's no 'setup.exe' to click on...and so alternatives and more
detail were offered.

Someone else searching google/the archives for help on getting zip
support may well be in a situation where extension-installation isn't
possible, a PHP solution would help them.

To alan, have you managed to get this sorted yet? Which method did you
use? Do you want more information?

To David, I haven't actually installed anything with pecl recently on
Ubuntu, the only things I've needed have been in packages.

Greg