[Phpwm] Re: My New Project

Rayhan Abdulmughnee rayhan at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 11:38:19 BST 2006

I am currently doing a very simple CMS for a client. Includes authentication
and content management (via form fields, inserting content into the
database).

I have looked at various open source CMS and have not used any because they
either have way too much functionality or difficult to extend or change to
meet customer requirements.

The best one that I have found is DotNetNuke (which unfortunately is running
on dot net, and I don’t know either asp or c#).  But if something like that
was available in PHP, that would be awesome.  The reason I like it is
because there is an easy way to extend functionality by simply writing the
code as you do today and inserting it into the CMS, the functionality is
then available throughout the system.

rayhan

===

 > Is there anyone on here who isn't developing their own CMS in some from
or
 > another? Either from the viewpoint of actual coding or thinking about
 > trying / doing it?
 > It seems that most of us are actually developing essentially the same
thing
 > in parallel right now.

Sorry to disappoint Phil, but I am not currently working on a PHP CMS
system.
I am actually playing around writting a Calculator App for PHP.
Desperately trying to remember the maths I knew about 15 years ago!

Maybe I should be thinking about writting a CMS system?

>From my point of view and after recent comments, would it not make more
sense
for the group to work together on a single "PHPWM CMS" system?
Instead of everyone writting the same code and solving the same problems.

Just my thoughts,
Colin