[Phpwm] As we're doing introductions...

Simon Ferre simon at needanother.co.uk
Sat Sep 2 09:11:35 BST 2006

Hi, I'm Simon

I haven't introduced myself before either, so here goes.

I'm 33, originally from Portsmouth, Hampshire, now in Castle Vale (just off J5
of the M6).

I have been programming from an early age - got interested in it when my mum
got our Sinclair ZX Spectrum around 1982, and I have used (and sometimes
owned) the following hardware in my short career:

Sinclair ZX81 - Programmed in basic
Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K - Programmed in basic
Acorn BBC B - Programmed in basic and 6502 machine code.  Wrote a password
protection ROM that I still have in the machine now when I switch on!
Acorn BBC Master - Haven't specifically programmed this one but it is stored
in the loft in working order
Oric 1 - Programmed in basic
Amstrad CPC 6128 - Didn't program this one but loved to play with CP/M
Archimedes (various models) - Didn't program this one either but loved to mess
about with the command line (Still have a couple of these in the loft that
still work)
Amiga (various) - Same as Archimedes
PC - Have used these on and off since around 1990, and have programmed in
COBOL, Pascal (Turbo Pascal and Delphi), C, Visual Basic, dBase III, Paradox,
Unix Shell Script, DOS Batchfile script, PHP and a little Perl.

I helped my father-in-law who's a diabetic set up a website - he wrote the
static pages in Serif WebPlus and I bolted on various dynamic bits - please
take a look - www.portsmouthdiabetes.org.uk is the url.

I've also got a few ideas of my own - more information when the website is in
it's most basic form and uploaded to my online server...

That's pretty much it for now, good to meet you all.

Simon