[Phpwm] Website + Meetings...

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Sep 15 08:30:50 BST 2006

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to those who turned up to yesterdays meeting; I had a
rewarding/good time (nice food, useful conversations etc).

Secondly, I've asked Jono to update DNS (again), so www.phpwm.org and
phpwm.org both point to the wiki. This was because of problems we had
editing the original wordpress's front page. I'm hoping that now we
have a consistent (i.e. 1) web presence!).

Thirdly, I've edited the http://phpwm.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?AllMeetings
page to sort of include what we felt last night - i.e. we should perhaps
aim for monthly meetings, which should move around the area - e.g.
Birmingham, Coventry and Worcester....

Finally, before it gets difficult to change; what to people feel about
the wiki? Are there many who can't edit it?

One alternative could be e.g. dokuwiki which Wolverhampton LUG are
using..... as a spam prevention measure they require people to login
with a username/password that is/was posted to the mailing list.

I'm reasonably happy to change over, although wouldn't
look forward to a couple of hours of cut+paste+reformatting, but if
there are a number of people who can't edit the wiki .....
(docuwiki is written in PHP, while our current one is perl...)

thanks