[Phpwm] large sites that use AJAX

Kriss Watt kriss.watt at senokian.com
Thu Apr 5 11:27:57 BST 2007

On 5 Apr 2007, at 11:15, pete graham wrote:

> I was talking to someone about web development the other day and they
> wanted to know what AJAX was. After explaining it to them they asked
> me which big sites use AJAX.
>
> The only really big examples I could come up with of the top of my
> head were Gmail, Flickr and the Wordpress admin interface. What
> examples would you have given?
>
> Also which AJAX sites do you think have the best/novel interfaces?
>
> Pete

Hi Pete,

I recently listened to an excellent presentation by Jeremy Keith
called 'Explaining Ajax' which covers all of this very well. Check it
out at http://adactio.com/articles/1238/ if you're interested; there
is an audio recording, transcript, and the slides that he used
available. He mentions a few sites which utilise ajax, including
http://newshutch.com (an online newsfeed reader) and http://meebo.com
(instant messaging from within your browser) which is more like an
application than a website. Another couple that I use which spring to
mind are http://last.fm and http://upcoming.org which both have ajax
elements.

Kriss