[Phpwm] Server Monitor Scripts/Solutions

Reuben Pearse reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com
Tue Apr 17 15:45:35 BST 2007

Hi Pete,

We use Nagios here. We're currently monitoring over 100 hosts and related
services (e.g. disk space, RAID status and CPU on servers).

I've written a few custom checks that look for specific emails arriving in
our support mailbox. I've also written checks that automate logins to
websites to check certain functionality is working.

Another monitoring solution I've started using is Cacti, but this uses
SNMP for all it's monitoring.

Have fun
--
Reuben Pearse
Principal Technical Consultant
reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com
T +44 121 428 4440   F +44 121 428 3454
PSL  The Old Sewing Factory  5a Greenfield Road  Harborne  Birmingham  B17
0ED
Registered in England No 2767006, VAT Registration No GB 614 0984 47

To find out more about our services please visit http://www.pslconnect.com

"pete graham" <petegraham1 at gmail.com>
Sent by: phpwm-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
17/04/2007 09:25
Please respond to
West Midlands PHP User Group <phpwm at mailman.lug.org.uk>

"West Midlands PHP User Group" <phpwm at mailman.lug.org.uk>
cc

Subject
[Phpwm] Server Monitor Scripts/Solutions

I need to set-up a system that will 'ping' a number of webservers to check
they're working, do you guys have any recommendations?

I'm looking for something that's fairly quick to set-up. The main thing is
to get it to monitor the uptime of webservers/sites, however if it had to
ability to check email, DB servers, etc too that would be great.

Pete Graham