[Phpwm] Bug reporting

Keith Pope Keith.Pope at allpay.net
Fri Aug 17 07:54:13 BST 2007

How about

http://eventum.mysql.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Keith Pope
Web Developer

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Allen [mailto:rob at akrabat.com]
Sent: 17 August 2007 06:59
To: West Midlands PHP User Group
Subject: Re: [Phpwm] Bug reporting

Bronwen Reid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want a little mini-app where users can report bugs / request new
> features in a particular piece of software.
>
> Now I can do build myself and it won't take long, but what's out there
> already? What do other people use/recommend?
>
> Mantis is too complex for current requirements; I'm looking for more
> of a to-do list.

If Mantis is too complex, then most bug tracking software such as Trac will be too. Maybe something like Basecamp / ActiveCollab as they are supposed to be focussed on connections with the customer.

> The process will be user fills in form, Bronwen reads it, and replies
> saying "rftm" or "nice idea, will you pay me to build it in" or "yep,
> that's a bug, I will spring into action like a bug-hunting creature"
> And users can always come along and see the list of "in progress",
> "fixed" and "wish list"

Possibly consider an email based solution such as RT
(http://bestpractical.com/rt/)

CRM solution?
http://www.enterprisegroupwaresystem.org/

List of other possibilities: