[Phpwm] Bug reporting

Bronwen Reid info at bronwenreid.com
Fri Aug 17 13:56:24 BST 2007

Yes, trac is something I'm going to investigate for myself, but am not
going try introducing my clients to.  Again, too complex.

I have an activecollab installation setup, but I haven't had a great
deal of success in getting people to use it.
One reaction was "What do I click on, where do I go, I don't understand
this"
Another customer was outwardly enthusiastic, but never used it.

But a lot here for me to play with

  Bronwen

Rob Allen wrote:
> Bronwen Reid wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want a little mini-app where users can report bugs / request new
>> features in a particular piece of software.
>>
>> Now I can do build myself and it won't take long, but what's out there
>> already? What do other people use/recommend?
>>
>> Mantis is too complex for current requirements; I'm looking for more of
>> a to-do list.
>>

> If Mantis is too complex, then most bug tracking software such as Trac
> will be too. Maybe something like Basecamp / ActiveCollab as they are
> supposed to be focussed on connections with the customer.
>

>> The process will be user fills in form, Bronwen reads it, and replies
>> saying "rftm" or "nice idea, will you pay me to build it in" or "yep,
>> that's a bug, I will spring into action like a bug-hunting creature"
>> And users can always come along and see the list of "in progress",
>> "fixed" and "wish list"
>>

> Possibly consider an email based solution such as RT
> (http://bestpractical.com/rt/)
>
> CRM solution?
> http://www.enterprisegroupwaresystem.org/
>

> List of other possibilities:
> http://www.opensourcehelpdesklist.com/
>

> Regards,
>
> Rob...

Bronwen Reid, Web Development  www.bronwenreid.com
BR Enterprises, 7 Mews Road, Leamington Spa, CV32 5BX
E: info at bronwenreid.com, T: 01926-314634, M: 0798-4435228