[Phpwm] ecommerce

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 11:35:52 GMT 2007

> I registered a "good" domain name, in my company name. This was then
> 'sublet' to a cuatomer of mine. he for whatever reason decided to host
> elsewhere, mainly because he was receiving chamber of commerce funding for
> the design it.

Does 'sublet' imply that you are still the named registrant of the
domain?
If you are, can you not just get nominet/whoever to reassign it back to you?

I'm speaking from semi-ignorance, as I'm aware you can recover a DNS
name from an ISP who've gone broke... so presumably you can recover a
DNS name from an ISP who you've fallen out with (or whatever).

You might be better off going through the "I'm taking legal advice..."
route to get them to do something. Of course, if the DNS name isn't in
your name, I don't see how you have a foot to stand on...

thanks