[Phpwm] ecommerce

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 11:52:38 GMT 2007

> > > I registered a "good" domain name, in my company name. This was then
> > > 'sublet' to a cuatomer of mine. he for whatever reason decided to host
> > > elsewhere, mainly because he was receiving chamber of commerce funding
> > for
> > > the design it.
> >
> > Does 'sublet' imply that you are still the named registrant of the
> > domain?
> > If you are, can you not just get nominet/whoever to reassign it back to
> > you?
> >
> > I'm speaking from semi-ignorance, as I'm aware you can recover a DNS
> > name from an ISP who've gone broke... so presumably you can recover a
> > DNS name from an ISP who you've fallen out with (or whatever).
> >
> > You might be better off going through the "I'm taking legal advice..."
> > route to get them to do something. Of course, if the DNS name isn't in
> > your name, I don't see how you have a foot to stand on...
> >

> > Phil I reckon if you're going to charge £18,000 to £27,000 per annum for
> the domain, I'd get ready for the fireworks to start.

Why - I make anything upto 60K a year profit off diygear.com?
I should probably explain there that I have the exclusive EU web sales
rights to Minicraft modelling tools.
When I have a domain name I expect it to make money for me and the company,
not just get hijacked and held hostage by some muppet!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
21:40