[Phpwm] ecommerce

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 11:46:00 GMT 2007

> > I registered a "good" domain name, in my company name. This was then
> > 'sublet' to a cuatomer of mine. he for whatever reason decided to host
> > elsewhere, mainly because he was receiving chamber of commerce
> funding for
> > the design it.
>
> Does 'sublet' imply that you are still the named registrant of the
> domain?

Correct

> If you are, can you not just get nominet/whoever to reassign it
> back to you?

have to pay to do that, as far as i am concerned the other party needs a bit
of punishment at the same time. It occurs to me that I might make a
complaint of theft to West Mids Police, if only to see what happens!

> I'm speaking from semi-ignorance, as I'm aware you can recover a DNS
> name from an ISP who've gone broke... so presumably you can recover a
> DNS name from an ISP who you've fallen out with (or whatever).

Yup, not quite the same though, these people are just being stroppy,
probably because it is such a good site name.

> You might be better off going through the "I'm taking legal advice..."
> route to get them to do something. Of course, if the DNS name isn't in
> your name, I don't see how you have a foot to stand on...

I've told them expect a big bill followed up by court action! should be good
for a laugh if nothing else - I've got nothing to lose by annoying them and
wasting their time over this!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
21:40