[Phpwm] youtube job requirements: senior web developer

Paul Matthews paul.matthews.86 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 15:50:10 GMT 2007

On 2/9/07, pete graham <petegraham1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't think it was a bad list of requirements, I just thought it
> was pretty detailed and covered alot of areas.
>
> I have most of the requirements or have an adequate understanding of
> what they do. For example I've never programmed an app with the Smarty
> Template Engine, but I'm well aware of what it is and why people use
> it.
>
> Regarding the "experience developing web applications with one or more
> programming languages", we had PHP talking to .NET scripts using XML
> service on the TCAT Intranet, do you think this is the sort of thing
> they mean? Or do you think they refer to integrating C/C++ code into
> PHP applications for performance issues?

I personally don't think the requirements are that extensive either, I
realise that I'm a lowly industrial year student but to be honest I've had
experiance with at least 90% of the list, obviously not to the standard
they're asking for. I'd expect (from my minimal experience) that a senior
developer would have at least the vast majority of those points to a senior
level.
I'd say that we at Pale Purple would use a good proportion of those skills
even if it's not every day, moreover I had been introduced to most of the
technologies at university (although perhaps that's down to my particular
institution).