[Phpwm] Commuting to Birmingham on a daily basis

Paul Matthews paul.matthews.86 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 12:06:11 GMT 2007

On 2/14/07, Chris Allen <pickledegg at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Just I'd pop this question to you guys, as you may have experience.
>
> I live in Aldridge and looking for a better position as a PHP MYSQL XHTML
> CSS bod, that is more web-standards aware than my current company, and
> better paid ;)
>
> It looks like Birmingham or Wolverhampton is where I'll find joy, but was
> wondering how you folks get on commuting to Brum using public transport. I
> own a car but share it with the missus for the school run etc, and I'd
> have
> to use the train/bus ;) ( no jokes about trouser-wearing please! LOL )
>
> I'm sure some of you guys have offices in Brum, and thought I'd ask if
> using
> the train/bus is a workable option. I know its totally subjective as it
> all
> depends on where you actually live, but I thought I'd ask in general
> anyway.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

I sort of do the opposite, although I may be of use (you decide). I live in
Moseley (close to the center of brum) and I commute to Redditch every day. I
find that the public transport is pretty good. Most of the bus routes have
frequent service (5 - 10 mins around peak time) and are cheap (costing only
£1.50 to anywhere on each route). The train I get on is frequent enough
aswell (running every 30 mins), however i know that other services run every
15 mins.
The train I get on obviously will be fairly empty as I'm going the opposite
way to the masses but I from what I know of commuting to the center, if
you're on an early stop you're pretty secure in getting a seat, however the
last 4 stops are generally busy (on my line anyways).

Hope this info helps, if you'd like anything more specific I'll see if I can
find out from friends or the station its self.