[Phpwm] Commuting to Birmingham on a daily basis

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 12:08:24 GMT 2007

Hi,

> It looks like Birmingham or Wolverhampton is where I'll find joy, but
> was wondering how you folks get on commuting to Brum using public
> transport. I own a car but share it with the missus for the school run
> etc, and I'd have to use the train/bus ;) ( no jokes about
> trouser-wearing please! LOL )

If you live near a train station then it would probably be quite easy to
get to Birmingham. From living in Walsall, I did find that the train
service to Birmingham is not exactly stellar (perhaps Aldridge is on a
different line?).

> I'm sure some of you guys have offices in Brum, and thought I'd ask if
> using the train/bus is a workable option. I know its totally subjective
> as it all depends on where you actually live, but I thought I'd ask in
> general anyway.

It also depends on what working hours you can do - being able to do e.g.
10-6 would make a big difference to the time stuck in traffic compared
with 9-5.

thanks