[Phpwm] new ste

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 23:17:25 GMT 2007

> > To make the validator work all you need to do is replace your
> previous dtd
> > and html opening tag with (note the dtd and xml definition are the first
> > thing on the page):
> >
> > <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
> > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN'
> > 'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd'>
>
> I've not noticed the <?xml thing all that often; is it often not used?
> Or do few people bother reaching that standard?
>
> (<? also has that annoying property of being the equivalent of <?php on
> some stupid servers, and is quite annoying when you find it in 3rd party
> code).

I can't use it as it messes with my 'stupid' server! I think most will try
and parse it as PHP and give a syntax error, it would probably work within a
purely HTML page.

I'm just playing with the home page on my new site to see if I can get it to
XHTML strict as an intellectual exercise.
looks like most of the error are sitting in my rather excessive meta head
block. :-)