[Phpwm] [Fwd: PHP developer - lead role - read on!!]

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 07:52:43 GMT 2007

 > What are exactly considered the "relevant qualifications" for PHP?

In my mind; experience that you can show (display source code and sites
you've worked on), references or being well known in the 'community' and
perhaps the Zend PHP certification.

A software engineering/computer science degree would probably help as
well, in that it would at least show you should have an understanding of
some of the theoretical aspects (e.g. big O notation, object
orientation, design patterns, data structures etc)

Obviously someone can be self taught, and be aware of all (and more),
but I suspect it would be difficult to prove this to a clueless
recruiter, or get past simple CV screening.