[Phpwm] [Fwd: PHP developer - lead role - read on!!]

Dave Holmes Dave at neteffekt.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 07:58:34 GMT 2007

By relevant qualifications I am not referring to a PHP qualification per say
more relevant educational qualifications such as computer science, software
engineering etc etc... The type of websites we put together are more
software than a website and require a good software development background.

I want to have developers that understand, how to store and access data in
terms of using normalised structures, understand Object Orientation and why
it is useful not just "I use classes" in particular abstraction, inheritance
and visibility.

Take this website for example.... http://www.carnetics.co.uk

This is a true software application hosted on the internet which integrates
multiple hardware devices in real time, has a leased line connection to and
Orange network etc etc. It requires Software Engineering knowledge and not
just a language skill. How man PHP developers have worked with or understand
using logical ands to perform bit masking required to extract data from a
raw feed.

The problem I have found is there are a lot of people who can create
websites, but getting the blend of software development, creative flair and
common sense has in the past proved a recruitment nightmare.
Which is why I think this is the going rate, to get someone with a proven
track record and not just using a language....

The biggest qualification of all is experience! As both my business partner
and I only have HND's and not degrees in the subject.

BTW - Over the next few months we will be looking for additional permanent
resource to work on our products so anyone please feel free to send over
CV's salary expectations etc.... (I would love nothing more than to not have
to line the pockets of recruitment companies)