[Phpwm] [OT]Which Linux?

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:29:19 BST 2007

On 30/07/07, David Goodwin <david at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:
> Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Slackware....

Assuming it is command line only, I would go for the latter is
Slackware is complied for i486 rather than i686.

If you want a graphical system then you want a distro designed for old
computers.  Fluxbuntu, Puppy Linux, Damn Small Linux, etc. I certainly
would not bother with Ubuntu or Fedora.

Until last year, this was my main laptop, a Pentium 1.
http://commandline.org.uk/2006/an-ode-to-the-fujitsu-lifebook-270dx/

It ran Gentoo and did most things well as long as you did not care too
much about having lots of graphical applications open at the same
time. I did however replace it with a Macbook, (which recently got
nicked so I suppose the Pentium 1 is my main laptop now).

Best Wishes,
Zeth