[Phpwm] Reporting Systems

sukh virdee sukh_virdee at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 23:26:05 GMT 2007

Hi,
I've just been doing some work with BIRT. Not knowing exactly what I'm doing
yet but just following on screen instruction.

I'm working with using it as a web app at the moment, running the .jsp on a
tomcat service as suggested.

My aim is to allow the user to report on anything they like buy using a gui
front end which  uses php to generate the design files which are then in
turn referenced through the URL upon the redirect.

What I can't get my head around is that supplying a user with a list of
database tables will not help them in any way, really. So what's the point?
Wouldn't it be easier to just knock up a report in 10 minutes rather than go
through this process?

Finding it difficult to see the real benefits at the moment.

What I am looking forward to is getting the charting wizard built which
would make a difference and cut my development time.

If anyone's got this working to a tee let me know it's impact.

Thanks,
Sukh