[Phpwm] Job for web programmer

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 11:32:34 GMT 2007

> I found my current job advertised on the Zend website, have any of the
> people looking to hire developers tried posting on there? Also my
> friends tell me that Gumtree is a good place to look for jobs.
>
> I agree with Phil, if you specify that you're looking for a PHP
> Developer and at what (approximate) level in the title of the Job
> advert, you're likely to get a better response than posting some vague
> corporate job title.
>
> When I was looking for jobs I noticed that they were very few
> companies even willing to let you work from home even 1 or 2 days a
> week. Obviously face to face communication is the most effective form
> and meetings are required sometimes. But when doing development work I
> really can't see why it should matter if you're sitting at a computer
> in a office or at your house as, long as you're delivering results.

I'm very much a night time person, I do some of my best work in the early
hours of the morning!
I don't object to face to face meetings at all, as long as they are relevent
to what I'm doing in the context of development, but sitting in an office
with chatter about last nights match doesn't constitute that!

> Phil, that's a rubbish excuse about you're snippets and functions
> library, you should stick them online or in a svn repository ;-)

They are, in that they are often embedded in sites I have already done, the
underlying source code of which can then be revisited to remind me how I did
it. But I have no intention of putting my raw source code online anywhere
thanks, some things like the ideas behind the associative postcode mapping
system took a long time to code and I'm not giving it away free! :-)

Phil