[Phpwm] Cron.monthly

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 12:41:04 GMT 2007

Chris Allen wrote:
> I have a question or three regarding cron:
>
> On debian, am I right in thinking that in order to run a php script
> every month, I just copy the file into the cron.monthly folder? ( I'll
> stick with the global date/time settings for now.)
> Are there any naming conventions apart from the fact it has to be
> lowercase?
> Also if I want to run the file in the cron.monthly folder to test it,
> what would I type?
>
> Thanks,

Hello,

Clearly my subtle suggestion didn't work (in the digest mail) :

>> If you wish to earn more Brownie points,
>> please trim / remove irrelevant posts and content, to keep the
>> conversation clear :)

3 things :

1) Make sure your script is executable (ls -l, chmod 755 $script etc)

2) /etc/crontab has the definitions for _when_ cron.monthly jobs will
run, if you're interested.

3) You'd probably need to put the #! line in the script, like :

#!/path/to/php-cli
<?php
echo "dogs bark\n";
?>

(i.e. it has to be run-able from ./script.php)