[Phpwm] browserpool

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 12:38:05 BST 2007

On 31/03/07, Michael Sheldon <mike at mikeasoft.com> wrote:
>  Personally I rely almost entirely on a GNU/Linux machine running IE 5,
> 5.5, 6 and 7 via IEs4Linux (www.tatanka.com.br/) and test with

>  so I do keep a Windows VM for
> final checks, but for all main development I find IE under WINE

This is my approach too, though I only use the one IE version until
the very end where I will test on a real machine.

For PHP and general Apache stuff, the differences between IE on Wine
and IE on Windows are unimportant, as far as I know. Has anyone found
problems with this?

The only problem comes when you want to use ActiveX controls on your
webpage, which do not work on Wine.  This, of course, breaks the whole
browser compatibility which is the point of this thread, and means
people like me will not use your site. If you want to use ActiveX on
your webpage then email crimes-against-humanity at the-hague.ne

Best Wishes,
Zeth