[Phpwm] browserpool

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Sat Mar 31 13:35:31 BST 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 12:38:01PM +0100, Zeth Green wrote:
> On 31/03/07, Michael Sheldon <mike at mikeasoft.com> wrote:
> > Personally I rely almost entirely on a GNU/Linux machine running IE 5,
> >5.5, 6 and 7 via IEs4Linux (www.tatanka.com.br/) and test with
>
> > so I do keep a Windows VM for
> >final checks, but for all main development I find IE under WINE
>
> This is my approach too, though I only use the one IE version until
> the very end where I will test on a real machine.
>
> For PHP and general Apache stuff, the differences between IE on Wine
> and IE on Windows are unimportant, as far as I know. Has anyone found
> problems with this?

 I've come across small difference in general HTML/JavaScript/CSS rendering.
For example on one site IE6 under WINE displayed everything correctly,
whereas IE6 running under Windows displayed small lines at the top of some
linked images (from the default <a> border/background for images).

 But this is the only instance of actual rendering problems I've experienced,
so in general I think the WINE approach works well enough.

 Cheers,
  Mike.

--
Michael Sheldon