[Phpwm] Any ideas on this one

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Wed May 23 11:58:28 BST 2007

> Hi
>
> I have a Cobalt Raq server on the internet, on which I have hosted a few
> websites.
>
> Until the end of last year I was using a local development server and then
> uploading on to the server, but father Christmas came and gave me some new
> components for my home server.  After I upgraded the server it has been
> impossible to load Linux on to it since it came with RAID and four hard
> drives which I have so far been unable to get any version of Linux to work
> on.

The most common reason for having that happen is you tell Linux that it has
raid, when in actual fact it is hardware raid and is already running.

> I'm now using the Cobalt Raq server for both development and
> production use,

as do I......

> and I'm constantly having to access the server through ssh, edit the file
> and then run a local internet browser to see the results.  This is fine if
> I'm at home where I have the excellent PuTTY program installed,
> but when I'm
> out and about and need to change something, It's not so easy to connect.

Are you writing pages via putty?? - that sounds unusual and bloody hard
work!

> What I'm looking for is some web-based php development ide which
> would list
> the folders/files of the site, and provide edit facilities for
> the files of
> the website.  This would mean I would be able to edit the files wherever I
> am by bringing up a url on the server, and, after logging in
> would then get
> access to all the files on the site.  I would need the ability to add new
> files, change existing files, delete files etc.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what software is available that can do
> this (I've tried searching on google but have had no success).
>
> If there's no suggestions, would this software be of use to
> anyone here, and
> if so, would it be worth my time trying to write such a thing.

Apart from syntax highlighting it wouldn't be actually all that difficult to
get a basic editor written and running.

> Thanks in advance for your replies.
>
> Simon

http://www.ekenberg.se/php/ide/about_ide.php?label=what