[Phpwm] Any ideas on this one

Simon Ferre simon.ferre at onetwodo.co.uk
Wed May 23 10:11:33 BST 2007

Hi

I have a Cobalt Raq server on the internet, on which I have hosted a few
websites.

Until the end of last year I was using a local development server and then
uploading on to the server, but father Christmas came and gave me some new
components for my home server.  After I upgraded the server it has been
impossible to load Linux on to it since it came with RAID and four hard
drives which I have so far been unable to get any version of Linux to work
on.

I'm now using the Cobalt Raq server for both development and production use,
and I'm constantly having to access the server through ssh, edit the file
and then run a local internet browser to see the results.  This is fine if
I'm at home where I have the excellent PuTTY program installed, but when I'm
out and about and need to change something, It's not so easy to connect.

What I'm looking for is some web-based php development ide which would list
the folders/files of the site, and provide edit facilities for the files of
the website.  This would mean I would be able to edit the files wherever I
am by bringing up a url on the server, and, after logging in would then get
access to all the files on the site.  I would need the ability to add new
files, change existing files, delete files etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what software is available that can do
this (I've tried searching on google but have had no success).

If there's no suggestions, would this software be of use to anyone here, and
if so, would it be worth my time trying to write such a thing.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Simon