[Phpwm] tag clouds

pete graham petegraham1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:08:40 BST 2007

I think they're useful on Blogs to see what subjects people write about a lot.

Not sure if they help much with SEO apart from providing the links to
other pages, they aren't really good semantic markup if you us <h>
tags as your having lots of headings with no content.

I've seen an interesting search that used tag clouds to "drill down",
I think it was on IMDB or something similar. You could choose a film
genre from the first tag cloud, for example "Vampires". You could then
choose another genre from the second tag cloud, for example "Hot
Chicks". This would then give you a list of films that are tagged with
"Vampires" and "Hot Chicks" or you could choose to "drill down"
further.

Pete Graham