[Phpwm] Intellectual Property Agreements

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:52:02 BST 2007

On 21/09/2007, Bronwen Reid <info at bronwenreid.com> wrote:
> Paid, and paid again.  They are a very good client and I've had a lot of
> work from them.

If they want to change the rules of the game then ask for more money!

> But because it's becoming integral to their business, they've started to
> ask about ownership and worry about whether I can take it away from
> them, sell it to a competitor, start charging them a massive licence fee
> or just do something brutal with lawyers at point-blank range.

I would separate out the issues. In my humble non-lawyer opinion; if
they are not in the technology business themselves, then they do not
need exclusive rights over the product, they just need a permanent
licence to use it. I'm sure they use desktop software under the same
conditions.

Best Wishes,
Zeth