[Phpwm] Mod rewrite question

Phil Burrows phil at tektlab.co.uk
Tue Apr 1 11:48:05 BST 2008

You need to put .htaccess files in each directory that you want to redirect.
The mod rewrite should point to a new php file on your system that will
redirect them to an external page.

On 01/04/2008, Mike Tipping <mike at etuna.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a client who because most of their site is out of date wants to
> redirect all english and french pages to one external site, all german
> pages
> to another external site but still allow people to access the admin pages
> and a specific campaign section called ebook.
>
> The site is structured like:
>
> /en/...
> /fr/...
> /de/...
> /admin/...
> /ebook/...
> /other/..
> /etc/
> /etc2/
>
> I presume this is possible with Mod rewrite but everything I try gets the
> whole site to redirect rather than leaving the admin and ebook links
> working.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike

Phil Burrows

Call for a strong Climate Change Bill at
www.foe.co.uk/campaigns/climate/press_for_change/email_mp/index.html

Address:
47 Brooklands Drive
Kings Heath