[Phpwm] mod_frontpage

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 12:16:53 GMT 2008

Phil Beynon wrote:
>> If you don't actually need mod_frontpage then just delete it?
>> I can't even see a copy of it on any of my installations and if
>> it's not able
>> to load it, then you should be able to find the entry to delete
>> in the config
>> file?
>>
>> --
>> Lester Caine - G8HFL
>
> Because I don't know that I don't need it. Plus I think it's compiled into
> apache.
> A customer could enable if for their site for a specific purpose and then it
> wouldn't work, so I'd still then have to sort the problem out at a later
> point. :-)

It a lot easier working with modules :)

If it's complied in someone made a special and the chances are that it will
have other problems?
We are we talking windows install here or Linux? Not that you would really
want Frontpage on a Linux box. Which version of Apache?

Since mod_frontpage 1.6.2 for Mandriva is dated 2002 it does sound as if the
installation is due for some updates anyway?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL