[Phpwm] [OT] Midland New Media

matt zb bnm at zenbullets.com
Tue Jan 8 11:36:32 GMT 2008

I hate the term "Web 2.0" more than I hate the term "New Media", but it's a
convenient technology-agnostic catch-all term for personages doing
techie-creative type stuff.

You're probably right though, the term "multimedia" ceased to really mean
anything around the time Adobe/Macromedia stopped developing Director. But
that doesn't mean I'm going to stop using it ;)

In Brighton we have a mailing list called BNM - Brighton New Media - which
is populated by programmers, designers, photographers, film makers, sys
admins, project managers, all kinds of people. Majority techies though. They
have a very high volume of traffic[1] and a very active community (every job
I have had in the last 5 years has come via that list in some way or other).

[1] http://www.brightonnewmedia.org/pipermail/bnmlist/2008-January/date.html

I've been looking for similar in the Mids, but I've never found one. I even
set up my own a few years back: http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/mnmlist/
(but didn't really get round to telling anyone)