[Phpwm] Framework for a Noob

Asif.Rahman at cexp.co.uk Asif.Rahman at cexp.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 10:16:28 BST 2008

Hello,

I've been lurking here for a while now and now want to break that habit.
My background is as an analyst for EDI messaging but I have a growing
interest in PHP. The company I work for has been using MS SQL Server and
Access for developing applications and the cracks are really beginning to
show. I've been tasked with finding a replacement platform for building
applications that do things that the main ERP can't do.

A while ago I had some PHP training at Open Advantage and this has been
useful (thanks Elliot!). I am curious what people think of using PHP as
opposed to Ruby or Java and with PHP would anyone recommend using one of
the many frameworks that are available like Cake, Symfony or Codeigniter?

thanks
Asif.
This message and any files transmitted with it in this e-mail is intended
solely for the named addressee and it may contain confidential or
privileged information. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are
solely those of the author and are not necessarily therefore representative
of those of Corporate Express Ltd, unless otherwise specifically stated.
Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not
the addressee please notify us immediately. You should not read, copy,
disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery
to the addressee.

Corporate Express Limited

Company Number: 02535286
Registered Office: Tameside Drive, Holford, Birmingham. B6 7AY