[Phpwm] 'Enterprise' CMS?

Darren Beale public.darren.beale at siftware.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 11:42:48 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm looking to plug a gap between brochureware sites where we'd use CMS Made
Simple - that we find to be a very capable tool that we're comfortable
extending but it can struggle when the requirements are more complex - and
bespoke dev where we go the Symfony route.

What's the lists opinion on the best 'enterprise' PHP based CMS out there?
Joomla/Mambo or Drupal seem to be the most popular and I'm leaning towards
Joomla currently based on its claim to be a 'CMS & Web Application
Framework' which I find intriguing although the cynic in me is waiting to be
convinced.

I'm about to start some more detailed investigations and my mind is still
open so any recommendations or war stories gratefully received.

Cheers

--
Darren Beale

Siftware