[Phpwm] [OT] Contacts with Business Links

Wayne waynelists at machx.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 16:58:19 BST 2008

Peter Crouch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a bit off topic but I have been contacted by someone from
> Business Link West Midlands wanting to promote their services to the
> local members of the British Computer Society.  I have no experience
> of Business Link and their services and I wondered if any of you
> running your own businesses had had any contact with your local
> Business Link and if so what you thought of them.
>
> Thanks for any information you can give me.
>
> Peter Crouch

I've never used their services, but am aware of them. They are a bit
like a social networking group for businesses, promoting
each business to the others and 'allegedly' help with grants - they are
aware of local subsidies for training etc.
I say allegedly because I tried a few years back, but they only had help
for manufacturers not service industry.

If I remember correctly, the Federation of Small Businesses
offered/offers a very similar thing - just don't go to one of their
meetings -
you get a 'chat' (sales pitch) about the small business and pension
provision, and then you get to drink coffee with people despaerate
to let you know why THEIR fire extinguisher business is better than your
current supplier.
(I'm only cynical because nobody there were potential users of MY
service) ;-)