[Phpwm] PCI DSS security standard

Kev php at cynara.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 10:54:48 GMT 2008

I'd like to add that this is badly needed.

I recently came across a website/shop, that gets customers to fill their
credit card details into a web form, which then emails the info as plain text
to the factory for processing. They are quite oblivious to the problems as it
seems to work well. It apparently cost about £5000 about a year ago, and
apart from the pretty graphics is a security nightmare. It's also written in
ASP, so it's outside my knowledge base, but I can only guess what sloppy
programming is going on behind the scenes.

Kev