[Phpwm] Default file upload/download location on users maching

Ian Munday ian.munday at illumen.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 15:50:56 UTC 2008

Hi all

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the default download and
upload locations when dealing with files?  I.e.

   (1)  when uploading a file via a form I could set (or rather
'suggest') the default source folder location that the file browser
looks at
   (2)  set the default target download location on a user machine for
downloading a file from a webpage into.

This is something I'd like to be able to implement in an intranet
application and assist users who often don't know where things are
located on their systems.  All so often a large subset of the user-
base will download a file to a location on their hard drive that they
can't then find, or visa-versa, they're struggling to find files on
their system they're trying to upload.

Many thanks,

Ian