[Phpwm] Default file upload/download location on users maching

Tim Williams T.M.Williams at cs.bham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 10:33:38 UTC 2008

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008, Ian Munday wrote:

> I hadn't thought of using applet though.  Tim, have you come across a
> suitable applet?

I couldn't name one right now, although I have seen download/upload
applets in use, eg the Photo album in Facebook. There probably is
something about that could be adapted, although it should be fairly simple
to write. I've been doing Java longer than i've been doing PHP, so it's
the kind of thing I tend to knock up for myself.

I'm not sure what the procedure is for signing an applet 'officially', you
probably have to purchase a certificate and might need to have the code
audited. However, self-signing isn't difficult (i've done this myself) and
since you are on an intranet it probably dosn't need to be signed by a
trusted third party.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS - Euromotor Autotrain
Web : http://www.autotrain.org