[Phpwm] PHP Image Manipulation

BinaryKitten atolade at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 25 01:01:48 UTC 2008

pete graham wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I was looking to use a class to do some basic image manipulation
> (resizing, converting types, cropping, etc). I haven't done anything
> like this is a while so wondered what recommendations people have. If
> it's really simple image manipulation am I best off just using the
> built in GD functions?
>
> Thank you, Pete

If you are only looking for a GD/GD2 based one.. I've attached mine in a
zip..  (so as not to flood)

pretty simple idea.. I've modified the one that i found on a site added
stuff like converting to black and white (with different tones ) ,
canvas resizing (with intelligent(?) resizing of the image... etc

I'll be looking into the imagick  stuff more myself.. I saw a talk on it
at the pre-conference social for PHP London 08 back in February.. and
had put it out of my mind until David just mentioned it again (thanks)

Kat