[Phpwm] PHP Image Manipulation

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 19:59:49 UTC 2008

pete graham wrote :
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I was looking to use a class to do some basic image manipulation
> (resizing, converting types, cropping, etc). I haven't done anything
> like this is a while so wondered what recommendations people have. If
> it's really simple image manipulation am I best off just using the
> built in GD functions?

Google for 'imagick' - it's a newer version of the imagemagick stuff
which is properly OO... and seems more advanced than the traditional
imagemagick/gd stuff. You do however have to install it via PECL which
might give you installation/maintenance issues (depending on where
you're hosting stuff)

The guy (who I presume is the primary author) has plenty of great
examples on his blog - http://valokuva.org/?cat=1

David.\