[Phpwm] Venue searching (Holiday Express, Lionel St. Birmingham).

Alex Howells lists at howells.me
Tue Aug 18 22:11:39 UTC 2009

Hallo

> Randomly, while walking back from the Shakespeare - which is probably of
> no use for non-social meetings due to the noise, I saw the Holiday
> Express (which is nearly next door) has a meeting room downstairs.
>
> Anyway, I've emailed them to see if they could/would charge less than
> £165 for a half day (their lowest rate) for the room.
>
> Anyone had any better ideas?

A lot of the BathCamp stuff is finding "friendly" venues like pubs with
*quiet* upstairs areas and convincing them to loan you them for the
night, either for free /or/ a negligible charge.

Obviously you buy food and drinks from the establishment.

Depends on the town I suppose but there are no shortage of places down
here which seem willing to do that, some of them even have presentation
apparatus like projectors for you to use.......

Cheers,
Alex