[Phpwm] Covert PHP from a Web based app to Client based

Tim Williams T.M.Williams at cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 15:36:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, sukh virdee wrote:

> Is it possible to convert a PHP web based application into one that can be
> distributed on CD and either run from the CD or installed onto a windows
> machine?

If you can put together an installation package which installs apache, php
and then your code into this software then yes, this is possible.

I once setup (about 10 years ago) an apache instalation for windows which
could run directly of a CD, the 'website' used a number of perl scripts,
which ran using a perl interpretor on the CD. These days you might do
better to use a memory stick, I had to spend a lot of time tweaking
configs so that anything which needed to write files went to the temp
space.

Another alternative would be a complete pre-configured server image which
could be run using vmware player on the host computer.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS - Euromotor Autotrain
Web : http://www.autotrain.org