[Phpwm] Non-Relational Databases

Alex Mace alex at hollytree.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 13:54:48 UTC 2009

Haha, yes, I was thinking that myself really. MySQL is a RDBMS though :)

Having done a little more reading on it, it looks like they're useful
for storing "things" with arbitrary meta data attached to them.
Perhaps not quite what I was thinking might be useful, although I can
see applications since a lot of these systems seem to be able break
down queries and scan the data in a parallel fashion, which as far as
I'm aware conventional RDBMS databases stuggle with.

Alex