No subject

Wed Jul 15 11:13:46 UTC 2009

mileage may of course vary, but I found it very bloated, and the varying
quality is really a problem within the main codebase, not just within
extensions. That may have changed in the 2 years since the last time I
played with it, however.

Zend Framework though - agreed. I prefer CakePHP, but since I'm now writing
"enterprise" software, I've found that clients like the magic buzzword
approach of ZF.

On 2 February 2010 13:38, Ian Munday <ian.munday at illumen.co.uk> wrote:

> After years of maintaining an in-house framework, I moved our important
> applications to the Zend Framework last year.  Pretty much all that had b=
een
> built into our in-house framework could be replaced with Zend Framework
> equivalents, the result being that we got a more robust and better tested
> base from which to build our applications.  I can't see why people (in sm=
all
> to medium enterprises at least) would persist with maintaining in-house
> frameworks in the medium / long term given the quality of those that are
> already available and the ROI you can gain by using them.
>
>        http://framework.zend.com/
>
> Having said all that, I've found Joomla to be very capable and able to
> accommodate virtually all our website needs over the last couple of years=
.
>  (Note I say websites rather than web applications.)
>
>        http://www.joomla.org/
>
> Joomla might not have the same level of visual polish in the back-end
> interface that Wordpress has, but ultimately I think it is more capable. =
 It