[Phpwm] Interview Techniques

Alex Mace alex at hollytree.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 11:42:09 UTC 2009

Simplest pieces of advice I can give are these:

Prepare for the interview. You don't always get asked questions about
what you know about the company, but if they do they'll be much more
impressed if you've taken an interest in what they do.

If you're not sure what they mean by a question, ask for more
information. If you don't know the answer to a question, say so. I
always look for people trying to bullshit in interviews - no one knows
everything. If I were employing someone I'd rather they asked a
question about something they didn't understand than keeping quiet and
wasting time when someone else might know the answer or how to find
the answer.

If you don't get offered the job - ask for feedback and try to learn
from it and do better next time.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Alex