[Phpwm] Interview Techniques

Alex Mace alex at hollytree.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 12:09:05 UTC 2009

> The very first job I went for I didn't get, the feedback said although
> it was good I was honest, it showed that I didn't have the right
> skills
> for the job. I was dissapointed at the time but have come to realise
> thats its probably best I was honest because if I'd have blagged my
> way
> in I wouldn't have been happy with it.

I think this is something that is often overlooked - it's also
important to treat an interview as an opportunity to see if the job is
actually one you want to do! Lucky for us the PHP job market seems to
fairly robust at the moment so most people can afford to be a little
more choosy about where they go, although admittedly this is easier
with some experience under your belt.

Alex