[Phpwm] Interview Techniques

Daniel Davies email at danux.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 12:04:43 UTC 2009

Hi Gavin,

I went through the interview processes a little over a year ago, and
again in Novemeber. I think what helped was running my own website/blog
and being involved in the community - it showed I had a genuine interest
in the field and demonstrated that I wanted to learn and improve myself.
I also tried to show that I could be adapted in to whatever role they
wanted, so tried to show that I was flexible and not stuck in a certain
way. When it came to asking my own questions I focused on long-term
career options, and about what I could learn.

The very first job I went for I didn't get, the feedback said although
it was good I was honest, it showed that I didn't have the right skills
for the job. I was dissapointed at the time but have come to realise
thats its probably best I was honest because if I'd have blagged my way
in I wouldn't have been happy with it.

Daniel