[Phpwm] wysiwig editor

Mike Tipping mike at etuna.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 10:56:28 UTC 2009

The SQL server driver is currently for windows php only.

The issue here is that Microsoft are only going to write code that runs on
Windows. It will need to be ported to run with the other versions of PHP so
it will take a Linux developer to convert the Windows code to Linux. In the
case of the MSSQL server driver I can¹t see many Linux developers seeing the
need so maybe it won¹t happen. PHP is part of their ³open source technology
centre² so I guess the code is all available to the community.

PHP 5.3 is the first version that Microsoft have been involved with and they
have had to rewrite a large part of it as the source code was lost back in
PHPv3 and prior to 5.3 only 3 people know how to build PHP on windows which
is why it was always late being released. They showed benchmarks between the
PHP 5.2 and 5.3 on windows and the difference was pretty impressive.